MVTV CREW ROLES
Video Engineer: Switcher
- Get to school by 7:30 am
- Make sure that Tricaster is up and working.
- Check cameras and make sure they are on.
- Lower thirds for anchors and all other graphics for show are uploaded and ready.
- Check color/backgrounds for show.
- Work switcher throughout broadcast.
- Make sure that all mics are turned off on the audio mixer and everything has been saved for the next show.
- Record broadcast and upload to MVTV channel.
- Get to school by 7:30
- Make sure that computer is on.
- Open up announcement folder and make sure that the PowerPoint, opening and closing sequence and other videos for the production is ready.
- Make sure that all external pictures are up when needed for viewing.
- Count down beginning of show, make sure that teleprompter knows when to stop prompter.
- Check all audio levels on the audio mixer before show.
- Turn off audio and cameras at the end of show.
- Get to school by 7:30
- Turn on teleprompter on both monitors.
- Get the day’s announcement off Dropbox and put into Easy Prompter.
- Make sure the words are large enough (73) and words can be seen.
- Practice with talent: speed 4
- Run during show. Make sure to stop when switching between cameras. Work with Switcher to make sure teleprompter is staying with broadcast.
- Log off and turn off laptop each day.
- Turn teleprompter off monitors.
Anchors/ /Sports/Weather/Special Guest
- Be at school by 7:30. If late, a substitute will take your place.
- Anchors will read over script and check for errors.
- Anchors will work with camera for shot list to ensure that there is enough time for switching.
- They will quietly stand on their mark and practice.
- They will do a sound check with Switcher.
- Anchors will do two run-throughs before show time.
- Anchors are to relax and enjoy what they are doing, so that the audience will enjoy what they are watching.
- Help talent (anchors, comedy, sports, weather and other on-camera guest) can be seen on camera.
- Make sure anchors and guests stay on their marks.
- Check announcement format and prepare with anchors and switcher for shot list for the show.
- Work with director and switcher to format for standard set or green screen set.
- Make sure everyone is in their designated crew position.
- Do crew checks/position checks.
- Make sure that anchors can pronounce words, and check that they are following script.
- Direct the run-throughs.
- Make the all-call to the school.
- Do a simple count-down to begin the show.
- When show ends make sure everyone has turned off all equipment.
- Give positive critiques to all members and then do MVTV huddle/shout-out.